[Peyton-observing] Private session, Sun Nov 15

jegunn jeg at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Nov 15 19:24:51 EST 2010

KG pointed out to me that I had done a bad at the last public session--
I had logged on to the computer in the dome and failed to log off at
the end of the session, and the screensaver locked the screen, so
nobody else could log on. This is clearly not satisfactory; we do not
have an `everybody' account, and Gnome does this silly screen-locking
thing by default. I will try to find a workaround. But please, if you
use the computer, and you probably all will, EITHER log off or
disable the screen locking (System->Preferences->Screensaver:uncheck
"Lock screen with screensaver is active"). For now, this needs to be done
for each user, though I will see if Steve/Leigh can set some system-wide
override--but from what I know about Gnome, I do not think this is
possible.

--jim