[Peyton-observing] slide meeting summary

Jeremy Murphy jdm at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Dec 3 16:19:28 EST 2012

I just wanted to send around the summary of who's doing what in terms
of developing public talks for observing nights.
Below are the list of subjects, and the person who's signed up to
develop the talk:
Exo-planets and Life in the Universe: Chelsea Huang and Munan Gong
Black Holes: Ai-Lei Sun
Surveys and Mapping: Jim. Gunn
Cosmology: Elisa Chisari
Galaxies: Brandon Hensley
Dark Matter and Dark Energy: Jeremy Murphy
Supernova and Explosions: Chris White
Space Exploration: Pete Pattarakijwanich

For those not present, but who wanted to stay involved, there are a
number of other subjects we haven't assigned. Also, there's no reason
to think we can't double up on a subject, particularly as several of
them are very broad and could use multiple talks. Those include, but
are not limited to:
Amateur/Backyard astronomy and/or observational methods
Scales (size, mass, density, temperature)
History
etc.

So, please feel free to develop your own. The general deadline is to
complete the talks by the end of winter break, in time for the Spring
semester.

Thanks all,
Jeremy