[Peyton-observing] Public Observing on June 5, problem with electronics

Alex R. Howe arhowe at astro.princeton.edu
Wed Jun 5 23:53:11 EDT 2013

Hi all,

After a rocky start, we had a beautiful, clear night and a good turnout
of 15-20 people, plus the stadium lights were off.
In addition to the previously mentioned schedule mix-up, we had to
improvise when the East button failed to work at all. We ended up
turning the telescope off and on several times and aligning it on
Arcturus manually, with some help from Wendy. Because of this problem,
Brandon and I agreed that it may be time to invest in a new controller,
if one is available.
Once we got it working, we had a very successful session observing
Saturn, Mizar, M3, Bode's Galaxy, the Ring Nebula, and Albireo. Thanks
to Brandon and Wendy for helping out.

Best,
Alex Howe