[Peyton-observing] Observation Jan 6th

Xu HUANG xuhuang at princeton.edu
Tue Jan 7 10:03:00 EST 2014

Hi, All:
Jim, Johannes and me hosted the public observation session yesterday.

Despite the clouds last night, we managed to catch some patch of the clear
sky. Around 10-20 people came, we showed people Jupiter, Pleiades, Orion
Nebula, Betelgeuse a bit through the cloud. When the sky cleared up for 20
mins, we returned to Orion Nebula and Jupiter again.
The sky got almost fully covered when we were observing the Double Cluster.
We showed people the moon a little bit at the end.
Io was transiting Jupiter at the beginning of session, so we saw the
visible moons of Jupiter increased from three to four, that was pretty
cool.

The next session will be Jan29th, Manuel and Johnny will be in charge of
the next one, we'll need one more person to help them.

Best wishes
Chelsea