[Peyton-observing] [Outreach] Opening of the telescope tomorrow night

Jegunn jeg at astro.princeton.edu
Tue Feb 11 15:33:38 EST 2014

Hi, all.

I checked. There was a lot of snow and ice on the skirt of the dome,
and it would not move. I cleared it, and it moves OK now; I rotated
it all the way around in both directions. The shutter was clear except
at roof level, and I cleared that. It opens and closes fine. So I
think you are good to go; we are not SUPPOSED to get more snow between
now and then.

The roof lock needs some work; has done for a long time, but it is
very bad now.

--jim