[Peyton-observing] Public observing last night (wed, July 30)

Munan Gong munan at princeton.edu
Thu Jul 31 14:16:25 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,
Chelsea, Elisa and I hosted a public observing night last night. It has
been long since we had good weather, and a fairly good number(~30 at any
given time) of people came to observing. Chelsea and I did the observing on
the telescope, while Elisa lead a group for a tour around the department,
and it worked very well. We saw Mars, Saturn(public favorite), Albireo,
 M3, M5, ring nebular, M16, M81, M82, M31. M82 is hard to see but
everything else was beautiful.
There was a journalist who's trying to write a short story about the public
observing event on the university website. She said she will email us when
it comes out.
Thanks,
Munan