[Peyton-observing] tonight's observing (nov 18)

Emmanuel Schaan eschaan at astro.princeton.edu
Tue Nov 18 22:11:15 EST 2014

Dear all,

Tonight's observing went well. We had a huge amount of people, between
fifty and one hundred. This was in part because a grad student event was
organized to bring people to the public observing (which we didn't know…),
and there was a lot of excitement about the Rosetta mission and the movie
Interstellar.

Pete was there to help us so we were able to split into three groups, two
looking at the pictures and the Great Carpet while the third was observing.
It took a lot of time for everyone in each group to look at one object, so
we couldn't show very many of them, but it was fine because the sky was
quite bright anyway. We saw Uranus, the pleiades, the double cluster and
M15 (globular cluster), and Andromeda.

People were very interested and had a lot of good questions, which was very
fun.

Cheers,
Emmanuel and Kristina