[Peyton-observing] Observing Session 5-25

Greta Shum gretashum at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:42:03 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Just wanted to send out a note that the observing session this past
Wednesday went very well with Luca and Munan.

It was a very clear, warm night and several people came early, so we looked
at Jupiter and Mizar, which were very clear. It got fairly crowded (maybe
35 people) around 9:30 or so, so I took two groups around Peyton with Luca,
and Munan continued the observing. I believe they looked at some Messier
objects, and around 11 PM Mars and Saturn were visible and there were fewer
people. We also looked at Albireo and some other objects, but Saturn was
absolutely beautiful and stole the show.

We closed up shop around midnight--overall a very successful observing.

Greta