[Peyton-observing] Log for Oct 5, 2016

Robert J. Vanderbei rvdb at Princeton.EDU
Thu Oct 6 13:05:29 EDT 2016

The “seeing” last night was uncommonly good for NJ.   I took some pics of M15 and M2 from my driveway…

http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/images/NJP/m15.html
http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/images/NJP/m2.html

Tonight also looks good.   I might try to take some pics using the Peyton telescope tonight (if I can recruit some
of my freshman seminar students to join me).

I have a question…  I have my camera attached to a 2” nosepiece (like one gets with
a 2” eyepiece).   As I recall, the telescope has a 2” eyepiece on it.   Is there a thumbscrew to
secure the eyepiece (or, in my case, camera) to the telescope?

--Bob

Robert Vanderbei

"And you may ask yourself... How did I get here?"  -- Talking Heads