[Peyton-observing] Student event successful; more observing later tonight

Gaspar Bakos gbakos at astro.princeton.edu
Sat Dec 5 23:44:18 EST 2015

Hi all,

Couple of notes.

I requested dimming the parking lot lights (Lot 14), opposite to Peyton
hall.
This went well, and the sky was visibly better from the roof.

Finder scope: it will be hard to clean, as -- I think -- it has been burnt
by accidental (?) pointing at the Sun. The cheap plastic eyepiece is burnt
in the inside. We will need a new finder scope.

Morning sky:
you may as well try  Comet C2013 Catalina:
http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2013US10/2013US10.html
If it is well visible, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Gaspar

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Christopher J. White <cjwhite at princeton.edu

--