[Peyton-observing] Spring 2024 Public Observing schedule!!!

Camryn Phillips cp5619 at princeton.edu
Tue Jan 30 20:08:27 EST 2024

Hi all!

Below is the public observing schedule for this semester! As usual, the lead observer is responsible for determining a list of objects to observe, contacting the other observers to check everyone is available, making the call whether public observing can occur or not based on weather conditions, updating the website whether public observing is happening or not, setting up the telescope before the public arrives, and making sure the telescope is shut down properly at the end of the night. It’s also good to have some slides prepped in case a lot of people show up and not everyone can be in the dome.

Useful links:
Our website (with helpful weather link and observing list): https://www.astro.princeton.edu/observatory/publicobserving.php (The login info is username: observer password: peyton for the Internal tab. This is where you can update the public facing message and see the full semester schedule)
Our google drive (several past slide decks for common objects): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16eLu4RAuTlAS5AOzim90N4t65sYqqt5S?usp=sharing

If you aren’t able to make your scheduled slot, just let me know so I can find a replacement! As always, if you have any questions/comments/concerns just shoot me an email or stop by Peyton 031 to say hi!

Looking forward to an awesome semester,
Camryn

Date	Event	Lead Observer	Observer 2	Observer 3 	Observer 4

1/30	Jan pubobs	Camryn	Miguel	Caleb
2/1	Jan pubobs rain	Camryn	Miguel	Caleb
2/27	Feb pubobs	Caleb	Christian	Vivek
2/29	Feb pubobs rain	Caleb	Christian	Vivek
3/26	Mar pubobs	Nick	Charlotte	Raj	Zack
3/28	Mar pubobs rain	Nick	Charlotte	Raj
4/23	Apr pubobs	Bob	Christian	Nick	Zack
4/25	Apr pubobs rain	Bob	Christian	Nick
5/14	May pubobs	Vivek	Shaunak	Miguel
5/16	May pobobs rain	Vivek	Shaunak	Miguel
----
Camryn Phillips (they/them)
Graduate student
Princeton Department of Astrophysics