[Peyton-observing] Hosting Cub Scouts on 10/21 for Public Observing

Jegunn jeg at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Oct 9 10:26:29 EDT 2014

Hi, Sean.

Sorry for being so pokey. Yes, we can certainly do that. How many
boys will there be?

Given the general lack of understanding of even semi-technical terms,
I am a little unsure of what you mean by `focus'. To us, it simply
means adjusting the eyepiece so that the image you are looking at is
sharp ( ie `in focus' ). To others, it might mean more, like
acquiring a distant object (`pointing' to us). The latter we cannot
accomodate, since the telescope's pointing is computer-controlled,
though we could let the boys adjust the pointing with the control
paddle, which instructs the computer how to make small corrections.

--jim