[Peyton-observing] May-Sep call for public observing volunteers

Luke Bouma luke at astro.princeton.edu
Tue Apr 9 18:20:41 EDT 2019

Dear all,

This is our Summer call for public observing volunteers.  If you are
interested in sharing the joys of the cosmos with an interested public (and
often interested Princeton undergrads), public observing is a good
opportunity to do that!

If you are interested and available, please fill out your availability at
this google sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bJhSEkqFQ3juB5-SnbuhkF-xygXEVv4VjXriy7X0-S8/edit?usp=sharing>.
(The sheet should default to the "0519_thru_0919_observer_availability"
subsheet.)

Thank you for your interest, and looking forward to a great season :-)
-Luke

Miscellaneous comments:
* There is a google calendar with dome availability. Please email me with
gmail/gcal linkable email addresses if you'd like read/write permission.
* The main observatory website is here
<https://www.astro.princeton.edu/observatory/publicobserving.php>.
* To post status updates to the observatory website, you'll receive login
credentials near the time of observing.
* Good weather forecasts are here
<http://clearoutside.com/forecast/40.35/-74.66>. (+ISS flyover times).
* A good sky simulator that can show V<6 objects is here
<http://skyviewcafe.com/#/>. This is useful for planning out the night's
observations.